Friday, September 11, 2009

Dealing with Parents

When you're a kid, what's the one thing that bothers you the most? That's right, your parents. No matter what you do, or want, they always manage to get in the way. For example, remember the time when you wished you didn't have any parents? Who was there to make sure that wish didn't come true? That's right, your parents. So, since it seems we're all stuck with these people for awhile, why not make the most of it?

One of the main things parents are always nagging us to do is clean up our rooms. But, the thing about that is, it's our room. We should be able to do what we want with it. My parents don't see me asking them to clean my laundry. They do it without even being told, and that seems to be working out just fine. If they could learn from my example and just let my room be dirty without asking, we'd all be better off.

Another thing parents are always trying to make their kids do is chores. I don't know about the rest of you, but I wasn't born to be a slave, my parents were. So, I've found that if I just do everything really poorly, they won't make me do it anymore. Lets take dishes for instance. The normal way to do dishes is to simply take a soapy sponge and scrub them, correct? Well, to prove I'm not very good at it all I do is, with a soapy sponge in my hand, take the plates and smash them on the floor. For whatever reason, this doesn't work, but the sponge makes it look like I'm really trying. My mom is always totally shocked when I do them like this and begins to jump up and down and shout things like, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT!!" I'm not sure what she has to get all excited over, though, I just smashed all of her dishes.

OK good, dishes are no longer my responsibility from here on out. Now it's time to get out of cleaning the carpet. This one's easy. All I need to do is tear the carpet up and throw it out so there is nothing to vacuum. Usually, my mom gets really upset for one reason or another and decides to take it out on me. It's totally unfair, but I just assume she's mad because of all the extra sweeping she's going to have to do now. Either way, I can consider my vacuuming days over, and just in the nick of time, because, as it turns out, before I tore up the carpet I accidentally smashed the vacuum cleaner with a baseball bat. I didn't mean to, I just mistook it for something that was trying to ruin my life.

After I've performed all of my daily chores badly, I don't have to worry about my parents trying to make me do them again. And I'm sure in a few years, when I'm all grown up and still living at home, we can all have a good laugh about the time they tried to make me help out around the house. It truly is the little things in life that are important, that's why they always say, "Enjoy the little things in life, because they're important."

No comments:

Post a Comment