Monday, December 21, 2009

Patience

Patience is important, but don't forget about all the other traits. There was this one guy who decided he'd go through life using only patience as a characteristic. When a rabid woodchuck started gnawing on his leg he figured he'd just wait it out. But then the woodchuck ate his entire body. I hope that shows why you need other traits too.

There are also people without any patience, and that isn't good either. They're the type of person who gets angry if they even think they might have to wait. I know one guy who was so sick of waiting for a mug he dropped to hit the floor that he killed his pet poodle. Many people will think that's very sad, but it was an old mug. That doesn't mean it won't ever happen to a new one though.

Though having too much or not enough patience is dangerous, perhaps the most risky situation is having patience, but using it wrong. If you're at Seaworld and get so angry waiting for a dolphin to jump out of the water that you throw your kid at it, that's bad. But it's equally bad if you take your time saving him because you want to make sure it's a really good rescue, and then he drowns. Now, because you didn't know how to use patience, you'll never get to see the dolphins jump or have all of your kids.

I think these scenarios show why it's important to have a variety of characteristics. I'm just glad I was able to write it down like this before anyone loses a brand new mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment